Pages

Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Whainga ako: to inform how to play ki o rahi

                             Ki o rahi


ki o rahi is a traditional maori ball game with 2 teams named ki oma and taniwha. ki oma is the team that are on the outside running around hitting the pou and they have 2 people in the middle with the tupu. Taniwha is the team that are hitting tupu. The ball is called the key, the the tupu is the bin on the inside and the pou are the poles on the outside.                                                                                                                                           

2 comments:

  1. Hey Harmony my name is isaiah I am a year 7 student at Paihia Primary. I really like your post on ki o'rahi. The thing I liked about it the most, would have to be when you explained the game. I understand the game a bit better now. Have played the game lots? Anyway keep up the great work. Bye.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia Ora Harmony my name is Katipa, I am a year 8 student at Paihia School.
    I liked how the teams that were on the video played because they showed good teamwork and technique, especially that guy who got a point while jumping up in the air. I also enjoyed your clear explanation on every single rule the game has because it helps people know what they’re supposed to do. In the past, my school also did Ki O Rahi, but I don’t know if we still do. I also still remember that the lady who taught us Ki o rahi told us about a tournament, sadly I can’t remember if we went. Have you been to any tournaments? Are you an expert in Ki o rahi? Do you know any special techniques that might help you?

    ReplyDelete